Visiting one of the most luxurious vacation destinations in Mexico is easy. There are airlines and charter flights from all major USA and Canada airports, long distance buses, or even by cruise ship or your own yacht (Puerto Vallarta has a large marina home to over 400 yachts). Puerto Vallarta is just south of the USA/Mexico border and you will find a perfect combination of modern day conveniences and historical Mayan culture.
Puerto Vallarta is a popular destination mainly because of its obvious beaches.
However there are many exciting and interesting activities available if you look beyond the boundaries of the all inclusive resorts! This city really is full of entertainment, activities, excursions and things to do and see, in fact you could spend weeks here without leaving the city confines and never be bored! however, the list of places to visit and sites to see around the city are too good to miss! Check out a brief summary of just some of the attractions in and around Puerto Vallarta below:-
[sb name=”336×280 Ads”]
Swimming with the dolphins in Puerto Vallarta
How about swimming with the dolphins? You have a good choice of tours when it comes to dolphins:-
- The Encounter Program – a fantastic experience for Dolphin lovers of all ages. Standing on a waist-deep submerged platform you can experience the amazing activities such as petting and kissing, while trainers teach you all about these amazing creatures!
- Dolphin Encounter 2 – A 75 minute interactive program to learn more about Pacific bottlenose dolphins. Your experience begins with an informative introduction by experienced dolphin trainers to help you understand the dolphins’ anatomy, physiology, natural history, and communications. In the specially designed educational pool, you will have the opportunity to examine the dolphin’s physical characteristics while rubbing and petting the dolphin’s smooth skin. You will learn some training signals and be able to feed the dolphins and they will shake your hand and even give you a friendly kiss!
- Dolphin Swim Adventure – A fantastic opportunity to swim and snorkel with dolphins! Enjoy a dolphin kiss, get towed through the water in the dolphin ‘belly ride’ and cradle a dolphin in your arms. Using mask and snorkel you can get an incredible view of the dolphins as they speed and spiral swim through the water amazing young and old alike!
Image via Wikipedia
Puerto Vallarta November festivals
Talk about spoiled for choice! Although Puerto Vallarta is a vibrant city all year round, November is particularly lively with
- The city’s Cultural Festival
- International Sailfish and Marlin Tournament
- Festival Gourmet International
- Vallarta Cup Pro-Am Golf Tournament
- Puerto Vallarta Film Festival of the Americas
[sb name=”468×60 Ads”]
Marigalante Pirates of the Bay
Contests, fiestas, Pirate Show, fireworks and Pre-hispanic Mayan show all held on one of Puerto Vallarta’s best known party boats. A sunset dinner cruise on the Marigalante is not to be missed!
Visit a Puerto Vallarta water park
- Splash Water Park, this is a world class water park situated between Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta. You can easily spend a full day here with fun for the whole family! With water park thrill rides, attractions and a wide variety of entertainment for people of all ages.
- Slash vallarta Sea Life Water park – Dolphins, Sea Lions, Whales, water slides, water toboggans, tropical bird show and a river float. Family fun that kids especially will love. Remember to bring Biodegradable Eco-Friendly Sunscreen!
Vista Vallarta Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course
Home to the 2002 World Golf Championships and the PGA Golf Classic Champions Tour. Features two 18-hole, Par-72 championship golf courses and stunning views of Puerto Vallarta, the Marina and the Banderas Bay along with all the facilities you would expect from a world class golfing destination.
Attend a Mexican Fiesta
Mexican fiestas are held weekly around the town and is a fantastic way to experience first hand the most popular culture of Mexico. Entertaining for everyone with lavish Mexican buffet. This event is a nice evening for adults and children alike.